Thursday, April 28, 2011

MorningStar Farms® Vegan Sloppy Joes

MorningStar Farms® make these meat crumbles that are advertised to be meal starters.  Having some members of my household (who shall remain nameless) that still eat meat I thought this might be a great way to sneak in a meatless meal for them.  I cooked the meat crumbles in a non stick skillet using a little bit of olive oil and then added in onions and greenpeppers and cooked them through.  I tried to get the meat substitute crispy like hamburger and had moderate success at it.  After the mixture was cooked through I added a can of Manwich. Viola'! Sloppy Joes! 

Review: I don't know if it was the meat substitute or the fact that I haven't had a sloppy joe since I was 12; but these were just okay.  ** (2 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment