Friday, April 29, 2011

Eating Out-Pad Thai with Tofu


It's Friday! What does that mean? Well, a paycheck, the start of the weekend, and a lunch not brought from home.  Today I thought I would try the Pad Thai with Tofu from the Asia Cafe'.  First let me be honest.  I am scared of tofu.  I have a problem with the texture if it isn't made into something creamy.  I normally order the spring rolls and plain lo mein, but today I wanted to be brave and mix it up with something new.  Their description of the dish sounded wonderful.  Pad Thai: Stir fried narrow noodles wtih bean sprouts, carrots, crushed peanuts, and egg with tofu.  It had the little spicy warning label next to it, heck yeah!  I got it to go and once back at my desk I opened up my wondeful smelling dish.  It looked great.  I tasted it, expecting a heat explosion in my mouth and .....nothing.  Hmmmm....maybe the heat was at the bottom.  I tried again.....still nothing.  This was not bad tasting at all but there was a general lack of any flavor.  I gave some to my friend at work and she agreed that it was bland.  Not bad, just bland.  And as for the tofu...it was as I feared.  Mushy.  The outside was browned a little but the texture left much to be desired.  Meh, I will be sticking to my lo mein and spring rolls. Those are lovely choices if you should trek there. You also must try their mango iced tea; it is made in house and absolutely delicious! 
Asia Cafe'
1600 Leestown Road, Ste 164
(next to Kroger)
859-455-8028

No comments:

Post a Comment